Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First of the month

The last week of the month is always the busiest/most exciting for me here in the Hoof Beats war room. I just finished up the Hoof Beats newsletter, which gives an inside look at the stories that are coming out that month. I always have to go back and look at what to cover in the newsletter, though, because by this time I'm deep into the October issue and writing November stories!

We're looking for writers for some new Hoof Beats departments, and I got some responses. I can't wait to see what they write. We had a reader survey some time back and many respondents wanted to read about more "unsung heroes" in racing. Well, we're working to give you more space to tell your story, so please keep those story ideas coming! Better yet, write your story and we'll work to get it out there.

Not a writer, you say? Don't worry--I'm an editor and would be happy to make your story shine.

Hope you enjoy the September issue. It's on its way now!

TJB