Friday, August 28, 2009

Quebec est tres jolie!

Bonjour! I am in Quebec for a weekend of beautiful weather, fine food, music and the incredible 100th edition of the legendary 5 Mile Race held at Sulky. I heard many stories of the beauty of this city, but none truly captured how vibrant and lively it is--and how much there is to do and see.
I was met at the airport by my old friend Yves Bergeron, with whom I once raced in California. A Quebec native, Yves is now the director of racing here, and working tirelessly to keep the sport alive and moving forward in this French speaking Canadian province.
I have been an admirer of the 5-Mile race since doing a story on Sound Machine, who won the race multiple times, and I am so grateful to Yves for inviting me to see it in person. It promises to be a true spectacle in, of and for racing!
Hope you will keep reading, as I promise to report every day on our activities here in Quebec--with photos and videos to come on Sunday from the big day of racing (there is a 2-1/2 mile race as well)!
A bientot mes amis!
Nicole