Sunday, August 9, 2009

Simply Amazing

How can we put into words the awesome display of Muscle Hill? So effortless, so fast, so dominant. I guess that is our job, though--to put it into words--and I hope you enjoy reading our September Hambo/Jug issues as much as we will putting it together. We got some great behind-the-scenes material from the winner and those who chased him, and I can't wait to share it with you

Greg Peck is a writer's dream. Great quotes, great anecdotes, pithy and smart. No cliches from him. And his wife, Nancy, is one of my favorite people in the sport. She is a smart, hard-working lady--she simply inspires me.

And how fun is their son Brendan, who got some terrific interviews with his flip camera. Look for them soon on our YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/ustrotting)!

Speaking of YouTube, did you catch those awesome videos from Rich Johnston? Let me tell you, as someone who was at The Meadowlands--they are truly the next best thing to being there. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

There is no way to reflect on Hambo day and not reflect on the loss of Troy Sylvester. Troy was synonymous with his father, Chuck, a Hall of Famer and five-time Hambletonian legend. I cannot even begin to imagine the despair that has enveloped Chuck, his wife Sharon, and their family, after the shocking accident that led to Troy's incredibly premature death.

May they find some strength and solace in knowing how much they are loved and admired across racing, and how much the sport mourns with them.
Nicole